As you know, I am mildly obsessed with all things supernatural – they make up a huge chunk of my reading and watching time. Something struck me whilst watching Supernatural (I’m on series 5 watching the box set – do NOT tell me if they save the world or not :-)) and reading Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (a YA book about a girl who tracks paranormal for a mysterious organisation) – why can’t I be a kick-ass paranormal hunter / tracker / killer / slayer?!!
So I decided to make a pro / con list for such a job (if only it really existed!):
Reasons for making this job change:
- I could wear some really cool fighting gear like leather trousers or a long, red wig.
- No-one would mess with me paranormal or human so I could pretty much get people to do what I wanted
- I would be saving the world everyday and surely that would make you feel pretty good!
- I would be bound to fall in love with a dark, mysterious, sexy guy
- I would carry really cool gadgets (see Evie in Paranormalcy – a pink taser)
- I would have excellent transport be it a flash sports car, teleporter or some supernatural assistance meaning I could get places fast and look cool whilst doing it
- There would probably be books / TV shows / films produced based on my life story.
- There would be a lot of danger and potential to be killed in a variety of gross ways e.g. blood draining
- The sexy guy I fall in love with is likely to be supernatural and therefore, potential to hurt or kill me or run off with a gorgeous faerie instead
- I’d have to keep my job secret so I would probably have to leave friends and family so they wouldn’t find out or get hurt themselves
- I’m not sure if you actually get paid. The Supernatural boys don’t and I don’t think Buffy did either. Kind of limits the cool clothes / car / hair situation
- The film / TV show / book based on me will include me being played by a gorgeous Hollywood actress and will likely make me feel very inferior / fat / ugly
- I’ve never actually been in a fight before 🙂
Do you have job fantasies?