While I’ve been off work, I have bene to the shops several times (of course!) and seem to have accumulated a stack of books that need reading. I’m running out of space to house all my books but want to keep them for a future book shelf display when I actually have my own house and I just can’t stop buying books!
I love to read but even I’m a bit overwhelmed by this little lot …
- The Crimson Petal and The White by Michel Faber – This was recently adapted by the BBC but I missed it so tought I’d try the book first. This was in Waterstones 3 for 2 so I went for it. It’s the biggest book I’ve ever seen though! It’s quite daunting to look at it 🙂
- The Taker – Alma Katsu – an adult vampire book in the 3 for 2 offer and as I love vampires I couldn’t resist.
- Angelogy by Danielle Trussoni was my final 3 for 2 purchase. I’ve heard a lot about this book and wanted to give it a try. Angels are the new vampires apparently lol.
- Only the Good Spy Young – Ally Carter – the fourth book in the Gallagher Girls series. The first three were bags of fun so this should be a light read.
- The Lost Saint – Bree De Spain – the sequel to the Dark Divine – a werewolf young adult book with religious references.
- The Green Angel – Alice Hoffman. I’ve never read a Hoffman book but she sounds like my kind of thing. This book though is tiny and really thin (lucky it was only cheap from Amazon) so I’m intrigued to see what it’s like.
Plus I’m yet to read City of Fallen Angels and the new Sookie Stackhouse book is out next week. No I must read the above first, stay off Amazon. I said stay off Amazon!
Have you brought any new books over Easter? Have you read any from my purchases?