Thanks Jess for tagging me in her random facts post. My mission is to tell you 10 random facts about me. This is going to be tricky as I’ve answered other facts chains before and by now you know a lot about me but I shall do my best 🙂
10. This is one of the first moments in my life that I’m not studying for something – I’ve done GCSEs at school, got A levels in Sociology (A), English Lit (B), Media Studies (C) and History (B); a degree in Sociology (2:1) and a professional HR qualification that means I can write letters after my name (chartered MCIPD). I have no plans to study anything more!
9. Jess wrote about New Year in her 10 facts and I’m going to copy her. I hate New Year, I’ve never had a good one – everywhere is overpriced and there’s too much pressure to do something amazing. I’m happy to stay in! However, I love Christmas – it’s my favourite time of the year – we always put our tree up the first weekend in December and I’m like an excited kid for a month. And yes I do ask for things I want, I’m not very good with surprise presents.
8. I am not a practical person. As you’ve seen above, I’m happy studying and my brain works far better on a theoretical level. I’m also a bit of a dreamer. This meant that while I passed my driving theory test first time, I didn’t pass my practical test until my third go. The only time I changed a light bulb at home; I left the switch on and fused all the lights on the top floor. Oops!
7. I think it’s completely unfair that I have no musical talent. I am obsessed with music but I can’t play an instrument and I can’t sing. I attempted to learn the keyboard at school but never developed a flare for it. I wish I could play the piano and / or acoustic guitar but mostly I’d love to be able to sing and be in a choir or something. Unfortunately, I have to put up with listening to people doing it instead of me.
6. I’ve had a dream of owning my own book shop since I was younger. It’s definitely a fantasy where I picture myself in a country bookshop with a cottage and a dog. But alas I’d never make any money at it but maybe I can still have the cottage and the dog one day 🙂
4. I was in the Brownies and then Guides till about age 13. I don’t remember anything I learnt for my badges and I’ve never been camping in a tent since!
3. My first ever job was doing 2 weeks work experience at Top Shop. Yes even at 16, I loved shops. I’ve also worked in a shoe shop and two jewellers but moved away from retail as a career because it’s much better to keep shopping just for fun. I am though trained in how to sell diamonds so at least I’ll be able to spot how good my engagement ring is.
2. I don’t do well with change, I like things the way they are and am pretty set in my ways and habits. I get upset of my favourite food or products or clothes are discontinued and like to keep things in the same place. This is probably because I’m so indecisive it makes life easier if I don’t change things and have to make decisions. Choosing from a menu is tough for me so I usually have to think about what I want most of the day before I go out to eat.
1. I’ve never kept a diary even as a teenager. I think I was too worried someone might read it, which is weird that I’m now effectively writing an online diary that the whole world can read. But this one doesn’t have pages moaning about how much I like a boy that changes every week like my diary back then probably would have done. It does have me moaning about single though so maybe me and my teenage self would have more in common than I think!
The rules are I need to pass this on to four bloggers so they can share their 10 facts with us. I hope you accept the task guys!