I just finished the funny “Lia’s guide to winning the lottery” by Keren David, a YA book about a teenage London girl who wins £8 million on the lottery.
Here’s what I learnt:
* Most women who win the lottery store the ticket in their bras for safe keeping
* If you go public with your win, a Facebook group slagging you off will follow
* If you are brought the ticket by a friend, make sure their mum never finds out or you’ll try to sue you
* The gorgeous guy at school you’ve had your eye on will suddenly find you attractive, and he might be a vampire
* Everyone will expect a lot of gifts
* You get a personal advisor and banker to help you manage your money and they will try to suck the fun out of your win
* Money can’t buy you new family and friends so you probably should buy them something nice
* Twilight isn’t real life so the gorgeous boy at school won’t turn out to be a vampire but you might just like him as a human
Who plays the lottery here? What would you do if you won?