Many thanks to Hope over at ElvishJesusFreak for passing me the paperclip award!
The award comes with some questions for me to answer. Here goes!
1. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I actually wrote a post all about this – some of the ones I went through were a vet, lawyer and a journalist. I ended up in HR and now I’m pursuing writing so life doesn’t turn out the way you plan 🙂
2. What is your ultimate favorite place to be?
This is a tough one, I’ve been to some amazing places but to be honest my favourite one is home.
3. Name one famous person who inspires you. (Just one!!!)
Right now I’m really inspired by other writers and their journeys so I’m going to pick JK Rowling as her struggle for success keeps me going and I really admire her story-telling, charity work and courage.
4. Tea or Coffee?
I can’t let the Brits down, I’ll have to say tea! I don’t drink coffee at all, never have.
5. If you could be any other person for 48 hours, who would you be?
The little girl I used to be says a princess just to try it out 🙂
6. What is your earliest memory?
It’s hard to pick just one that stands out. I’m actually quite bad at remembering things, I tend to remember a photo of it instead. But I do remember having three imaginary friends when I was little so I’ll say that one. And look how it turned out – I still imagine people when I’m writing so I got an early start on that!
7. If you could ask anyone in the world, living or dead, anything, who would you ask, and what would you ask them?
It’d be nice sometimes to ask about my future but I’m sure I’m better off not knowing 🙂
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
I think leaving home to go to University was scary. As was getting a tattoo. But lately, quitting my job to focus on writing fits the bill.
9. What is your favorite book?
Pride and Prejudice.
10. Briefly explain one of the weirdest dreams you have ever had.
Last night I dreamt I was in a restaurant with my mum and from the counter up to get food and she followed, leaving our bags under the table. When we came back, they’d been stolen. Mine was a white Juicy Couture bag, which I don’t even own. I was very unhappy with my mum in the dream. Werid.
11. What one song best describes you? (Feel free to post a link to a Youtube vid)
I’ve written a post about this song before. It inspires me so I’m going to pick it even if it is from a Disney film 🙂
12. Pen or pencil?
Pen. I haven’t used pencil since school.
13. Is 13 an unlucky number or not?
I don’t think so. I don’t really have lucky or unlucky numbers.
OK bloggers, now I have to pass the award on. I wanted to tag some newer blogging buddies that I haven’t awarded anything to before so here goes …