One of the most fascinating things I’ve discovered since blogging is how alike some of us writers are. Even though thousands of miles might separate us, even if we write different genres or are at completely different stages of our writing careers, sometimes I think writers share brains.
- We seem to have one hand an intense passion for writing and on the other a I-hate-you relationship with it.
- One day we are cheerfully proclaiming our word counts to our Facebook friends, the next staring into space unable to write a thing.
- We believe in ourselves and our writing and know we should never give up but our hearts break when we get rejected.
- We give up our social lives to cram in extra writing time.
- We love to read and share books that inspire us.
- We use music to help us write and make playlists for our stories, ready to share on our websites once the book is published.
- We also watch probably too much TV and too many films but we can’t help it. When we like a show, we get hooked on it.
- We might be intelligent but we are also crazy to try this life.
- People around us think it must be really easy to write and get published but we know the truth.
- We lean on each other because no one else understands what it’s like to be us.
- We get very excited when a writer we know has hit a milestone.
- We dream about seeing our books on the shelves and going to the film adaptation premiere.
I love that we share these things. I’m not alone with you guys to encourage and support me. Being a writer can be tough but us crazy people trying it need each other to console and celebrate with.
Are you the W type?