You may have seen this question flying around Facebook lately. People have been tagging friends to find out which ten have stayed with them in some way. The rules are – Don’t take more than a few minutes, and don’t think too hard. They do not have to be great works of literature, just books that have affected you in some way.
My ten books are:
1. Jane Austen – Pride and Prejudice (but really all her books!)
2. Charlotte Bronte – Jane Eyre
3. Dodi Smith – I Capture the Castle
4. Louisa May Alcott – Little Women
5. JK Rowling – Harry Potter (cheating a little by saying the whole series!)
6. Stephenie Meyer – Twilight
7. Kathryn Stockett – The Help
8. John Green – The Fault In Our Stars
9. Elizabeth Gaskell – North and South
10. Helen Fielding – Bridget Jones’s Diary
What I like is the idea that the books are ones that have affected / influenced you the most. The ones that come to your mind first. It would be interesting to make the list again on the future to see if there are any changes.
What ten books would you choose?