I have been tagged by the lovely Kat Ellis with a Liebster Award yay! Kat is hugely supportive of other writers and I know 2013 will bring her much success with her own writing. Thanks Kat!
Here’s how Liebster works:
– I list 11 random facts about myself.
– I’ll answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
– I will then nominate my 11 picks for the award, along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
– If you’re nominated, your name/link will appear at the bottom of this post along with the questions I come up with.
– Follow the same format; paste the award badge to your blog, give us 11 random facts about yourself, answer my 11 questions, and choose your nominees…but you cannot nominate the blog who nominated you.
My 11 random facts.
This is hard because I’ve had to do a lot of facts over the past two years and I’m really not that interesting so I apologise if you’ve heard these before:
- I don’t drink coffee. I feel I let all writers down by this but it tastes horrible. I’m not all that keen on the smell either.
- When I went to Vegas, my cousin and I were asked to roll the dice for two men playing Craps. They won big and gave us a $1,000 chip and bought a bottle of Cristal champers to celebrate!
- I don’t like eating starters – most of the food I dislike is used as starters like pawns, mushrooms, pâté, tomatoes.
- I had three imaginary friends growing up called Belly, Colic and Jasmine. Maybe it was written in the stars I’d make up people for a living 🙂
- I went to Warwick University and have a degree in Sociology.
- The first novel I ever wrote was when I was about fifteen, I wrote it with pen and paper and my inspiration was Sweet Valley High.
- The celebrity I feel would be my BFF if we knew each other is Taylor Swift.
- My film collection is half girlie romance and half films made for teenage boys.
- The fictional character most similar to me is Liz Lemon from 30 Rock. Tis true.
- I’m very clumsy. I can’t really walk through doors without hitting the frame as I pass.
- I’m scared of fireworks and heights. I’m pretty much a wimp.
Now, here are Kat’s questions:
1. What would be your last meal?
My mum’s roast dinner.
2. Who’s your favourite literary character of all time and why?
Elizabeth Bennet. Pride and Prejudice is my favourite book – Lizzie is smart, feisty and witty but also blind. I like the journey she takes to discover herself and ultimately the love of her life.
3. Have you ever written an ex into one of your novels/stories?
No. They’re not interesting enough haha!
4. What’s the worst pick-up line someone ever used on you?
I never get chatted up, seriously! Only over 70 year olds come on to me (this happens a lot).
5. Which song are you listening the most right now?
My currently top played song on iTunes is Jealous of the Angels by Jenn Bostic. It’s a sad but beautiful song.
6. Paris or New York?
New York!!! I’ve been twice and I love it. Don’t shoot me but I’m not a massive Paris fan *hides*
7. Which book do you wish you’d written?
Harry Potter. I think you know why.
8. Got any tattoos? If yes, what and where?
Yes – on my hip. This is it:
9. What made you choose the genre/category you write now?
I chose YA because I loved Twilight so much. My first stories weren’t original enough then I decided to write about contemporary issues, I think my Sociology degree came into play.
10. If you were going to write a completely different genre under a pen name, what genre would it be, and what would be your pen name?
I think the least likely choice of genre for me to write would be erotic fiction but I could have fun with a pen name if I did – how about Honey Fox?
11. Name three things you will do this year.
Get a book deal.
Eat a cupcake.
Okay I’d like to tag these lovely people:
And these are the questions I’d like you to answer if you wish to take part!
What made you want to be a writer?
Where do you find the inspiration for your writing?
What are your goals for 2013?
What’s your favourite quote?
Where in the world would you most like to visit?
What five things would you take to a desert island?
What is your biggest strength and your biggest weakness?
If you could met one author, who would you choose?
What’s your favourite film?
If you went into The Hunger Games, what would be your most useful skill?
Which fictional male would you most like to marry?